September 5 Picture Day
September 7 Grandparents Day @ 10:30 for more than
September 8 Grandparents Day @ 10:30 for Pre-K thru
Grandparents Day @ 11:45 for 3rd thru
September 14 GATES Open House @ 6:00 - 7:00
September 19 Reading Fair Meeting @ 5:30
NO drop offs before 7:25. After 8 AM you must come in and sign your student in!
NO checkouts after 2:15
All transportation changes must be made by sending a note to your child's teacher
* Students can now wear navy shirts in addition to white, red, and gray.
* No homemade goods can be brought to the school. All food must be pre-packaged.
* Don't forget to get your car rider tags from your student's teacher! Place it around your rear view mirror. If you need more than one, do not hesitate to ask!
* Because of our district-wide grant, please make sure any food brought from outside restaurants is put into plain packaging before it goes into the cafeteria.
* Join our Bovina Giants Facebook Page for announcements and updates throughout the year.
Over the next 3 months (September, October, and November), the PTO will be checking attendance percentages for all the classes. Each class's percentage will be calculated weekly, monthly, and over the whole three months to see which class on each hallway (pre-k to 2nd and 3rd to 6th) has the highest percentage. Each week a "prize" will be awarded to each class (one per hall). Then, each monthly winner will receive a special treat. The classes with the highest percentage attendance over the 3 months will win the ultimate prize....their teacher kisses a pig!!!
September 1-8 50 Bovina Bucks
September 11-15 Extra Recess Time
September 18-22 Popcorn Party
September 25-29 Free Cafeteria Seating
Month of September Bops Milkshakes
October 2-6 No homework pass
October 9-13 Free Dress Pass
October 16-20 15 Mins of Free Choice Activity
October 23-27 Extra Recess Time
Month of October Pizza Party
October 30-November 3 No Early Morning Work
November 6-10 50 Bovina Bucks
November 13-17 Free Tech Time
November 20-24 Thanksgiving Holidays
November 27-30 Free Dress Pass
Month of November Nacho Party
Please make sure that students are at school each day.
Students must be at school at least 63% of the school day to be counted as present. For example, if children check in after 10:15 in the morning, they will be counted as absent. If they check out before 12:30, they will be counted as absent or any time combinations that equal less than 63% of the day. Students must be present 233 minutes of the school day, unless the checkouts are for an excusable reason, they will be reported as unexcused absences. After 5 unexcused absences, a report will be made with the truancy officer.